Accounts Payable Administrator
As part of Potentia’s Finance team, this position reports directly to Manager, Accounts Payable.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The Accounts Payable Administrator (AP Admin) is responsible for the complete cycle of Accounts Payable. The AP Admin will ensure the timely and accurate processing of payments for invoices and expense reimbursements and reconcile vendor statements through analyzing and solving discrepancies by working directly with vendors and internal employees.
Key Functions include:
- Manage the accounts payable inbox and organize all invoices, statements and other relevant documentation.
- Process invoices matching to purchase orders and ensure accurate charging of accounts.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Coordinate with Construction and Operations to ensure all invoices are properly coded and approved.
- Prepare vendor cheques.
- Check vendor invoices for accuracy, correct period of performance, amount owed, and if any sales tax is present.
- Filing of paid invoices and proper storage.
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or internal departments as necessary.
- Prepare and correspond with clients and suppliers by email and phone.
- Support other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- College diploma in accounting and related courses is preferred.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Knowledge of (Sage 300) is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to timely identify and resolve issues.
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sense of organization, discipline and task prioritization.
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience in a fast-paced environment.
How to apply
Friday, December 31, 2020