Location: Canoa Solar Park (Dominican Republic, Barahona), 10% Travel
Wage and Benefits: Provides competitive wages and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Language: Spanish, English
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership in all aspects of the Emerald Solar operating site.
- Meet or exceed production and financial targets.
- Work closely with head office for asset management and reporting
- Understand local conditions & requirements, ensure facility capability data is current, and operate to maximize production and revenues.
- Manage public relations and community interactions. Represent Emerald Solar in any local or government authorities as applicable.
- Manage facility and establish relevant procedures, policies, training programs, safety programs and work practices and related updates as required.
- Ensure a positive working environment by maintaining discipline, morale, and employee relations. Prepare performance reviews, salary recommendations, and disciplinary recommendations. Manage the hiring and training of personnel on site.
- Responsible for all personnel on site. Enable teammates’ ability and awareness to work safely and stop work as required. Drive the injury free workplace culture by facilitating safe work habits, hazard recognition, risk assessment, peer to peer feedback, and proper use of human performance tools.
- Monitor facility performance; investigate and correct abnormal conditions to maximize the value of the operating site/asset.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all Federal, state and local regulations and associated permits. Ensure obligations are met.
- Establish and manage third party service agreements
- Inform the situation of the solar site and report daily.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in engineering, business; related field or commensurate experience
- Leadership & supervision in the power generation industry
- O&M Experiences in Generation Facilities or equivalent
- Basic project management and computer proficiency
- Current and valid driver’s license
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity
- Lead by example to maintain high standards of conduct at the workplace
- Capacity to understand and apply the health and safety protocols
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Literacy skills including the ability to read manuals and regulatory requirements;
- Computer skills include use of Microsoft Software packages
- Time management skills.
Click below for the Spanish version of this job description.
Please apply via email to HR@potentiarenewables.com by February 28, 2020.