As part of Potentia’s Acquisitions and Corporate Planning team, this position reports directly to the Vice President, Acquisitions and Corporate Planning while working closely with the Senior Vice President, Business Development and senior financial analysts in both teams.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the acquisitions and corporate planning team in identifying and assessing renewable energy investment opportunities for Potentia, both greenfield and brownfield. They will also be responsible for external and internal reporting. In this function, the successful candidate will be required to create, maintain and update financial models for each market and opportunity, and to present the results of these models to the Acquisitions and Corporate Planning team. Financial modeling includes testing assumptions about project costs, operating parameters, cash flow, taxes, debt structures, tax equity, and performing sensitivity analysis to determine cash requirements and financial returns. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the strategic planning and tactical execution of a growing renewable energy company and should be enthusiastic, nimble, and curious.
Key Functions include:
- Economic analysis of greenfield and acquisition opportunities, both as standalone projects and as part of the broader Potentia portfolio
- Conduct market research to support the development of investment strategies and/or identify transaction opportunities
- Support the various subject matter leads as needed in their efforts on project acquisition and development
Skills & Characteristics
- In-depth understanding and experience with creating and running economic models for renewable energy projects or projects of substantially similar scope and size
- Similar understanding and experience with financing renewable energy projects or projects of substantially similar scope and size
- Professional and respectful with good communication skills and an attitude that enables a great working relationship with the broader development team
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Commerce, or some related field, but strong experience and designations will be considered
- 2-5 years of experience modeling the economics of renewable energy projects or projects of substantially similar scope and size
Friday, November 15, 2019
How to apply
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on our LinkedIn page
For the full job description, please click the button below.