As part of Potentia’s Finance team, this position reports directly to Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for preparing and overseeing Potentia’s general accounting. Primary objectives of the Senior Accountant are to ensure financial transactions are recorded and reported in an efficient, accurate and timely manner, develop and enforce a strong internal control environment, ensure reporting accuracy and compliance, and continually evolve accounting processes, looking for and implementing industry best practices.
Key Functions include:
General accounting and period end activities
- Record, and report Potentia’s monthly financial results in a timely, error-free manner;
- Prepare journal entries, other financial transactions, all reconciliations and monthly financial results for assigned entities;
- Accounting functions as assigned include, but not limited to:
- Prepare and book routine transactions (i.e. bank entries, accounts receivable, routine prepaid and accrued liabilities, revenue, OPEX, loan and financing fees and etc.),
- Prepare, book and reconcile intermediate to advance level,
- Prepare reconciliations as assigned,
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status on monthly basis,
- Prepare non-consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules;
- Provide technical support on using of accounting systems such as Sage;
- Ensure all deadlines are met and activities are carried out in an efficient, effective, integrated manner, working with business units and other areas of finance;
- Ensure timely and accurate filing and collection on all indirect tax matters.
- Assist the preparation of all external reporting, including the quarterly and annual reports, and financial information shared with investors, financial institutions and others;
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Continuous Improvement – Process, Systems, Controls, Policies & Procedures
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & Procedures;
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures;
- Maintain project log for Senior Accountant Position;
- Contribute to department and organization special project as assigned.
People leadership / Team development
- Provide input into accounting team’s goal setting process;
- Back up duties during absence of accounting manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree;
- CGA, CMA or CA designation or equivalence;
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, law and regulations;
- 4-6 years’ experience in general accounting role;
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Other MS Office applications;
- Experience with accounting modules of Enterprise Resource Planning systems required; experience with Sage/AccPac is considered an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to coach and supervise;
- A proactive and independent individual;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to clearly, and concisely communicate with all internal stakeholders.
- Driven to continuously improve processes, systems;
- Full understanding of business and able to translate the knowledge into daily accounting transactions;
- Maintain professional skepticism;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Ability to operate both at a detailed level and a big-picture, broad context level;
- Team player and adaptable to change;
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Strong analytical skill;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent accounting, indirect tax and Excel knowledge.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool is received.
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com