As part of Potentia’s Finance team, this position reports directly to Vice President, Finance.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
As the Project Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting, analysis and reporting related to projects in various stages of development, including the production of periodic financial reports for project managers as well as creating and maintaining projects in the accounting system. Additional responsibilities include preparation of financial statements for lender reporting and participation in the preparation of reports and schedules for other external and internal reporting purposes. This position is also a key liaison between the Finance and Development Teams.
Key Functions include:
- Monitor project cost transactions and ensure costs are allocated accurately
- Prepare journal entries, perform reconciliations
- Ensure that capital calls are correctly accounted for
- Ensure that required project debt payments are made on a timely basis
Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare and issue timely and accurate project costing analysis reporting
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Provide project related information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants on project financings
Continuous Improvement – Process, Systems, Controls, Policies & Procedures
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & Procedures.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- CGA, CMA or CA designation or equivalence
- Experience as a project cost accountant or with project costing responsibilities
- Experience with Sage/AccPac preferred
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, law and regulations
- Driven to continuously improve processes, systems
- Full understanding of business and able to translate the knowledge into daily accounting transactions.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to operate both at a detailed level and a big-picture, broad context level
- Team player and adaptable to change
- Excellent accounting, project cost accounting and Excel knowledge
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool is received.
How to Apply
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.