The position reports to the Director of Engineering and works closely with Technical project managers and engineers.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The SCADA Engineer supports the SCADA design and implementation, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of various Renewable Energy projects. The successful candidate will also manage SCADA product optimization and development with the Turbine Suppliers and the operations group.
Key Functions include:
- Reviewing technical requirements regarding SCADA system and communication network with EPC contractor, utilities, ISO, internal engineering and operations team.
- Writing and implementing technical specifications for SCADA system to meet the site-specific needs of owner, utilities and ISOs.
- Assisting with designing and implementing network configurations, network architecture (including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies), and systems.
Role & Responsibilities
- Handling project-related technical communication with engineers and contractors during design and construction and to ensure integration of data and remote access from centralized data center.
- Supporting configuration and troubleshooting of PLC, Relays, RTU and/or server for substation control systems.
- Ensuring that SCADA system is compliant with all local FERC, NERC, IEC and Health and Safety regulations for electronic systems and requirements.
- Understanding and implementing the Turbine SCADA systems and capabilities to optimize energy production.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The ideal candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and operate entrepreneurially and collaboratively to accomplish deliverables. Potentia’s employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Thorough knowledge about communication protocols for power system, automation and configuration of application using communication protocol, such as IEC, DNP, MODBUS, OPC, TCP/IP etc.
- Experience with SCADA software applications used in renewable energy facilities including Energy Storage integration.
- A process-driven and well-organized individual who communicates effectively.
- A team player who can manage multiple projects with several different stakeholders.
- A Minimum 5 years work experience in substation control and automation system design and construction projects.
- A 4-year degree or 2-year certificate from an accredited university in engineering and/or 5 years’ experience working with wind SCADA systems and or SCADA hardware implementation.
- P. Eng Designation.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool is received.
How to Apply
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.